It all happened in a puff of smoke

I can see why the loud bang and the room full of smoke and white powder. When the left channel blew I simply cut the power leads to it and carried on with the right channel. But that blew also and exactly the same component – a large decoupling capacitor, electrolytic. That was the clue to the problem, I had put 16V electrolytics in instead of 63V. Hadn’t noticed until now. So that was a nice easy fix!

Advertisements

About Matal

Hand made HiFi, photos, a friends poetry.
This entry was posted in Construction and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s