I am in the process of bringing my drawings up-to-date so they match what is happening in the real world – I’m still at a stage where changes need to be made as I find better ways to do things. For example, I have decided it will be easier to orient the Relay Board with the tracks on the top, it should help soldering up. Anything that makes things easier will reduce cost as construction time is directly affected. It was an easy thing to do as the board has symmetry so turning the board over along its axis makes no difference at all – apart from component numbering.
There is a great temptation to leave updating the drawings, since I really want to crack on with the testing of the system, using my memory (not safe) to know what the differences are. But there comes a point where I have to get on and do it or big things will go wrong.